Last year the Braves dropped their postseason opener and the rest was history. But will history repeat itself after a 7-6 loss to the Phillies in Game 1?
In this edition of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s Braves Report podcast, AJC Braves beat reporter Justin Toscano, sports journalist Gabriel Burns and Jay Black discuss what went wrong on Tuesday afternoon.
You’ll hear Max Fried explain his worst start of the season and if his recent bout with the flu is still an issue.
Plus, our team will discuss why Atlanta couldn’t get a big hit until the ninth inning and if the five-day layoff was an issue.
We will also look ahead to Game 2.
Follow the Braves Report podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts so you never miss an episode. You can also tell your smart speaker to “play the Braves Report podcast.”
For more podcasts from The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, please visit our podcast page.
Check out these AJC stories mentioned in this podcast
- Braves can’t complete comeback in Game 1 loss to Phillies
- Braves’ Max Fried doesn’t attribute poor start to flu. ‘I didn’t do my job’
- The Braves lose Game 1. Time to fret? Nope
- Five observations from Braves’ Game 1 loss to Phillies in NLDS
- Underdog Phillies immediately show Braves this won’t be easy
- Inside the box score: NLDS Game 1 - Phillies 7, Braves 6
- Braves to face Smyrna native Zack Wheeler in Game 2 vs. Phillies
- Game times set for rest of Braves-Phillies NLDS
About the Author
Credit: Ben Hendren for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution