Olde Blind Dog’s Blackened Chicken Pasta
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan
- 1 cup pureed roasted red peppers
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- Blackened seasoning, as desired
- Vegetable oil, to coat skillet
- Finely chopped parsley, for garnish
- Make sauce: In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and add garlic. Saute until garlic is golden brown, about 3 minutes. Add cream, salt and pepper and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and bring down to a simmer. Stir the Parmesan and red pepper puree into sauce and continue simmering until sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 10 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and keep warm.
- Season chicken breasts with blackened seasoning to taste. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until it just begins to smoke. Add oil and sear chicken on both sides until fully cooked, about 4 minutes per side. Remove from heat and let rest.
- Stir pasta into the sauce and mix well. Divide pasta between serving bowls. Slice chicken breasts and arrange on top of pasta. Sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired.
Nutritional informationPer serving:
Per serving: 1,136 calories (percent of calories from fat, 61), 46 grams protein, 65 grams carbohydrates, 3 grams fiber, 77 grams total fat (46 grams saturated), 300 milligrams cholesterol, 1,260 milligrams sodium.
From the menu of...Olde Blind Dog Irish Pub, 12650 Crabapple Road, Milton. 678-624-1090, oldeblinddog.com.
Is there a recipe from a metro Atlanta restaurant you’d like to make at home? Tell us and we’ll try to get it. We’ll also test it and adapt it for the home kitchen. Because of volume, we can’t answer all inquiries. Send your request, your address and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “From the menu of” and the name of the restaurant in the subject line.