The Marietta City Council agreed recently to issue nearly 20 tourism grants worth almost $1.15 million. They include $5,000 each to Friends of Brown Park, Friends of Brumby Hall and Symphony on the Square. An $8,000 grant will be given to Cobb Landmarks.
Grants of $10,000 will be given to Cobb NAACP Juneteenth, Actor’s Theatre of Georgia, Old Zion Heritage Museum and GA Metro Dance Theatre. A $15,000 grant will go to Georgia Symphony Orchestra.
More grant awards are:
- $28,666 to Atlanta Lyric Theatre.
- $38,558 to the Gone With The Wind facility.
- $39,000 to Marietta Square Branding Project.
- $45,000 to the Earl Smith Strand Theatre.
- $47,000 to Marietta Gone With the Wind Museum.
- $85,000 to Marietta/Cobb Museum of Art.
- $104,936 to city services.
- $137,000 to Marietta Museum of History.
- $208,000 to Marietta Welcome Center.
- $335,001 to promotion of tourism.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.