Caption

Man burned in house fire dies

A 29-year-old man who was flown to Grady Memorial Hospital after a fire broke out in his Hall County home has died, officials said Tuesday.

The Sunday blaze at the home on Flat Creek Road in Oakwood burned Jordan Wilson, Hall County fire spokesman Casey Ramsey told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. 

RELATED: ‘He wasn’t alone,’ says witness who tried to help trapped driver after crash

Wilson died Monday, Ramsey said.

“The victim was in close proximity to the gas container when an open flame ignited the gas fumes and caused the fire,” he said.

Recommended for you

Recommended for you

Recommended for you

Most read

  1. 1 Illicit affair prompted ‘calculated, planned’ murder-suici
  2. 2 Atlanta City Hall: Top Reed aide's texts under scrutiny
  3. 3 Pansexuality definition: Janelle Monae pansexual, what is pansexuality

Wilson lived in the home with his grandmother, but she was not home at the time of the fire, according to Ramsey.

 

In other news:

Family Dog Stolen After Thief Breaks Into Home

 

More from AJC