Applications are being accepted until April 19 from those who would like to be hired as Cobb County firefighters.
Cobb Fire is seeking to hire firefighters to fill two upcoming Fire Recruit classes, beginning in October and April 2020.
The October class is a fast-track program for applicants who are a National Registry or Georgia State Certified EMT-I or above, meaning they may qualify for the fast-track program and/or incentive pay.
For the April 2020 class, no Fire or EMS experience is necessary.
For both classes, written tests will be given on May 30 and 31 and June 1 and physical agility tests will take place on June 24-29.
Final interviews for the Fast Track Program only will be given Sept. 11-25.
Training is paid.
Incentive pay for qualified prior experience includes:
- 2 percent per year for qualified experience up to five years - not to exceed 10 percent.
- a qualified year calculated from the date obtained both Firefighter II AND EMT-I or higher certifications.
- paramedic pay (recruit must be a current National Registry or Georgia State Certified Paramedic).
- 5 percent while in Fire Recruit School.
- an additional 5 percent upon completion of Fire School and assigned to an ALS Station.
- an education bonus for college degrees (paid quarterly).
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.