Georgia man, 81, killed in predawn fire

An electrical problem is blamed for an overnight fire that killed an east Georgia man.

The fire broke out about 3 a.m. Tuesday in a mobile home on Garthright Road in Warrenton, according to Glenn Allen, spokesman for the Georgia Department of Insurance.

Allen said Johnny C. Duggas, 81, died in the fire. His wife, Mary Duggas, was able to escape uninjured by climbing out a window, Allen said.

He said fire investigators have determined that the blaze was sparked by a malfunction in an electrical panel in the trailer’s kitchen.

Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.

Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.