‘Why take my mom?’: Woman killed outside Alpharetta bank was single mother of 4

Channel 2's Michael Seiden spoke to them Sunday.

The three daughters of an Alpharetta woman killed outside a bank Saturday said they don’t know how they will manage without her.

The girls described 45-year-old Tynesha Evans as caring, funny, and endlessly supportive. Anything they needed, she found a way to provide for them and their brother.

“She was the best thing that I could ever have in my life,” Audrey Turner said in an interview with Channel 2 Action News.

RELATED: Woman killed at Alpharetta bank was in relationship with shooter, police say

Evans was shot outside a Wells Fargo on North Main Street in downtown Alpharetta while on a quick errand. Officers responding to the bank about 11:40 a.m. Saturday took her boyfriend, 58-year-old Othniel Inniss of Alpharetta, into custody.

Othniel Inniss Photo: Fulton County Sheriff's Office

icon to expand image

An armed witness held Inniss at gunpoint until they could arrive, Alpharetta police spokesman Sgt. Howard Miller said.

Audrey Turner, 26, told the news station she is grateful the witness, who was driving by the bank when he heard the gunshot, stopped to help.

“I do thank him. I really do,” she said. “Because he would have got away.”

Evans and Inniss had an “on-again, off-again relationship,” according to police. Her daughters told Channel 2 their relationship was rocky, but they never witnessed any physical violence.

When Evans, an author who worked full-time in the healthcare industry, fell on hard times, Inniss offered to help, they said. Inniss reportedly asked her to meet him at the bank to withdraw some cash.

Sharadiant Turner, 18, was running errands with her mom earlier that morning. She was dropped off at a grocery store.

“I wanted to get groceries and next thing I know, I come out and my mom is gone,” she said. “I called her and asked her where she was, and she said she had to meet him.”

She promised to be right back. But something went wrong.

Inniss was arrested on charges of murder and aggravated assault with a firearm. The former Fulton County school bus driver was scheduled to appear in court Monday morning, but a first appearance hearing was reset due to a health issue, according to Channel 2.

Evans’ daughters are now facing life on their own.

“Why would you do this?” Sharadiant Turner asked. “You know she has children. You know what we’re going through. Why take my mom?”

With no family members close by, Evans’ children will have to pay for school and raise a 14-year-old sister, they said.

The girls have started a GoFundMe page to help with funeral expenses and other bills. The campaign has raised more than $20,000 of its $50,000 goal as of Monday.

About the Author