Children on planes didn’t make the list, but parents who are inattentive or doing a poor job of parenting ranked No. 4, bothering 46.81% of their fellow travelers.
Rounding out the top 10 were:
6. Hogs the armrests: 39.07%
7. Reclines seat fully in front of you: 38.25%
8. Talks to you too much: 29.87%
9. Boards or deplanes out of turn: 29.60%
10. Listens to music or movies too loudly: 28.96%
This year’s survey was conducted by SurveyMonkey. In total, 1,098 Americans over the age of 18 were polled August 6. Of those surveyed, 47.27% were male and 52.73% were female.
Looking for more adventures? Sign up for our Travel newsletter here.