Masterpiece’s Cucumber with Mashed Garlic
- 1 pound European cucumber
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chicken seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Trim and discard the ends of the cucumber. Cut the cucumber on the diagonal into 2-inch lengths. Put cut cucumbers in a mixing bowl and add garlic, vinegar, salt, chicken seasoning and sesame oil. Toss. Arrange on serving platter and garnish with sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
Makes 3 cups.
Nutritional informationPer serving:
Per 1/4-cup serving: 7 calories (percent of calories from fat, 18), trace protein, 1 gram carbohydrates, trace fiber, trace total fat (no saturated fat), no cholesterol, 81 milligrams sodium.
From the menu of ... Masterpiece, 11625 Medlock Bridge Road, Johns Creek. 770-864-9110. masterpiecejohnscreek.com.
Is there a recipe from a metro Atlanta restaurant you’d like to make at home? Tell us and we’ll try to get it. We’ll also test it and adapt it for the home kitchen. Because of volume, we can’t answer all inquiries. Send your request, your address and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “From the menu of” and the name of the restaurant in the subject line.
Read more stories like this by liking Atlanta Restaurant Scene on Facebook, following @ATLDiningNews on Twitter and @ajcdining on Instagram.