Waffle House is iconic in Atlanta and the state of Georgia. AJC dining editor Ligaya Figueras had never eaten at the restaurant until recently. In this episode, Ligaya shares the journey she embarked on to create a guide to the local institution, which can be found here. You'll also hear clips from Ligaya's first-ever Waffle House visit, listen to interviews with Waffle House lovers and employees, and hear some Waffle House orders, including one from local chef Kevin Gillespie.
Plus, host Shane Harrison shares things to do in and around Atlanta, including AJC Decatur Book Festival and Mary J. Blige and Nas at The Royalty Tour.
Listen to accessAtlanta now or open in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Spotify, or wherever you listen to podcasts. You can also listen and download the podcast using the player above.
YOUR GUIDE TO WAFFLE HOUSE:
- You never forget your first Waffle House experience
- These metro Atlanta chefs are Waffle House fans, too
- What makes a Waffle House good? We asked
- Not just waffles: Waffle House also keeps customers singing original tunes
- Waffle House Museum offers a trip back in time
- Your complete guide to Waffle House hashbrowns
- Waffle House menu items pay homage to employees
- Waffle House has a record label -- listen to songs like "Waffle Do Wop" here
- Timeline: Waffle House didn't cook up an empire overnight
- Waffle House by the numbers
MORE ON WAFFLE HOUSE:
- 12 things you didn't know about Waffle House
- Why Waffle House is the best restaurant in Atlanta
- What's your Waffle House order? Celebs on Super Bowl red carpet answer
- Rhythm and hashbrowns: 10 times Waffle House is mentioned in rap songs
- Why the government turns to Waffle House when tracking emergencies
- An iconic restaurant's roots are based in Atlanta
- Waffle House: Recipe for Southern success is history
- Waffle House wows food critic Anthony Bourdain
- Waffle House's design has shoebox shape
- Waffle House sits at the heart of SEC football
- Joe Rogers profile: The cornerstone of Waffle House
- Quiz: What does your Waffle House order say about you?
- A brief history of celebrities eating at Waffle House
About the Author
Credit: Ben Hendren for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution