To get paper-thin slices of radish, the best tool is a mandoline.
Lure’s Yellowfin Tuna Tartar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Yuzu Kosho
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1/2 pound sushi grade yellowfin tuna, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 4 rice paper spring roll wrappers
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 avocado, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 radishes, sliced paper thin
- Tobiko fish eggs, Furikake seasoning, black and white sesame seeds, and cilantro sprigs, for garnish
- In a small mixing bowl, combine sesame oil, Yuzu Kosho and Sriracha and mix well. Add tuna, toss to coat evenly and marinate 30 minutes.
- In a Dutch oven, heat 2 inches of vegetable oil to 350 degrees.
- Carefully submerge 1 spring roll wrapper in oil. Fry for 30 seconds then remove from oil and drain on paper towels. Use a 2-inch cutter to punch out center of fried wrapper. Repeat with remaining 3 wrappers. Arrange each fried wrapper on a serving plate. Discard the centers or use them as chips.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, lime juice and zest and mix well. Pour over marinated tuna and let sit 2 minutes, then add avocado. Toss carefully and divide mixture between the serving plates. Add radish slices, and dot tuna with tobiko. Sprinkle with Furikake and black and white sesame seeds and top with cilantro sprigs.
Nutritional informationPer serving:
Per serving: 308 calories (percent of calories from fat, 46), 18 grams protein, 23 grams carbohydrates, 4 grams fiber, 16 grams total fat (2 grams saturated), 25 milligrams cholesterol, 484 milligrams sodium.
From the menu of ... Lure, 1106 Crescent Ave., Atlanta. 404-817-3650, lure-atlanta.com.
Is there a recipe from a metro Atlanta restaurant you’d like to make at home? Tell us and we’ll try to get it. We’ll also test it and adapt it for the home kitchen. Because of volume, we can’t answer all inquiries. Send your request, your address and phone number to email@example.com and put “From the menu of” and the name of the restaurant in the subject line.
Sign up for the AJC Food and Dining Newsletter
Read more stories like this by liking Atlanta Restaurant Scene on Facebook, following @ATLDiningNews on Twitter and @ajcdining on Instagram.