Fireworks in garbage caused destructive house fire, officials say

Fireworks discarded in a trash can led to a destructive fire that damaged two homes in Michigan.

The fire was so intense that it caused the side of one house to melt and ruined the garage and other rooms in the house next door, WXYZ reported.

>> Read more trending news

There were no injuries, but the property damage was estimated to be $150,000, WXYZ reported. 

Firefighters said people should dispose of fireworks in a bucket filled with water and place the bucket a safe distance from the house.

Recommended for you

Recommended for you

Recommended for you

Most read

  1. 1 Georgia Primary Elections 2018: Results and news coverage
  2. 2 AJC Election Results: Georgia Primary May 22 2018
  3. 3 Georgia Election: Cagle, Kemp headed to runoff for GOP nomination

More from AJC