It's been around since 1837 and is one of Atlanta's oldest landmarks. It was installed to mark the end of the Western and Atlantic railroad. Atlanta, then called Terminus and later Marthasville, came into existence after the railroad was built. The post is about three feet high and 12 inches wide. It is currently located in a vacant building near Underground Atlanta. The facility is under the Central Avenue viaduct and cannot be visited. The building is slated for demolition, but the post will be pro