The center, which opened in 1970, is under renovation. It was named after Fred B. Wenn, who was a Georgia Tech faculty member from 1932 to 1958. He’s credited with starting and supporting many student groups during his tenure, such as the Yellow Jacket Club, and the Rambin’ Wreck Parade. He died in 2005.
Georgia Tech plans to install a plaque in the interior of the new building honoring Wenn’s contributions to the school.