Wednesday, Sept. 2, 11 a.m.-11:20 a.m., ages 1-6
Free with general admission, Story Time is geared towards preschoolers and includes a special demonstration by a Fernbank educator. There are additional story times scheduled throughout the month, check the museum’s calendar for times and dates.
Sunday, Sept. 6, 1 p.m.-1:45 p.m., ages 4+
From poison dart frogs and spiders to snakes and turtles, Fernbank’s live animal collection is sure to delight. Drop in anytime Sunday from 1 to 1:45 o.m. and meet a member of the animal collection.
Fernbank After Dark: Weird Science
Friday, Sept. 11, 7 p.m.-11 p.m., ages 21+
Museums aren’t just for kids - and Fernbank sets aside one evening a month to put on a more adult experience with live music and a full bar to accompany science demonstrations. Held the second Friday of every month. Tickets required.
The museum has put in place new safety measures since re-opening, and guests will need to buy timed-entry tickets online.
The new safety measures include:
- Online ticket purchases and timed tickets with a contactless check-in. There will be a limit on capacity to help maintain distance between guests
- No walk-up tickets will be sold
- Regularly disinfecting hard services with deep cleanings taking place throughout the day and before and after regular hours
- One-way paths will be used “where appropriate”
- Fernbank has installed 19 new hand sanitation stations throughout its campus
- Staff members will have daily health checks and required to wear masks
- Visitors older than 2 years old should wear masks