- Entertainment and recreational facilities: 9th
- Costs: 67th
- Quality of parks: 42nd
- Weather: 41st
Among the relevant metrics, Atlanta finished:
- 28th: Spending on parks and recreation per capita
- 53rd: Parkland as percentage of city area
- 30th: Bike rental facilities per capita
- 48th: Percentage of population with walkable park access
- 14th: Music venues per capita
- 6th: Tennis courts per capita
- 47th: Park Playgrounds per capita
- 15th: Swimming pools per capita
This year’s best city for recreation was Orlando, Florida, with a score of 62.96. Between Orlando and Atlanta were Las Vegas, San Diego, Cincinnati, Tampa and Honolulu, in that order.
Oakland, California, came in last place, with a score of 36.26.