The Atlanta Police Department on Friday morning announced the indefinite closure of a number of streets after a portion of I-85 collapsed near Piedmont Road on Thursday.
The following closures are in place:
- Northbound Piedmont Road at Lambert Drive
- Southbound Piedmont at Buford Connector. All vehicles must turn onto Buford Connector to get to I-85 SB
- Access to I-85 North off of Piedmont Circle
- Lenox Road at Ga. 400 SB
- Intersection of Lambert Drive and Manchester Street
- There is no access from Sidney Marcus onto Buford Highway;
Also, southbound traffic on Buford Highway must turn onto Sidney Marcus Boulevard, and West Peachtree can only continue onto Peachtree Road and cannot access Buford Connector NB.
RELATED: Map: I-85 collapse and detour routes
“Motorists need to drive carefully, slow down and pay attention to traffic signals and also officers directing traffic,” the police department said in a statement.
The agency will continue to monitor traffic and move officers to impacted intersections to keep traffic moving.
The plan is fluid as police discover what routes drivers are taking.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.