RELATED: Here's one weight loss tip for every day of the week, according to Atlanta dietitians
When rating and reviewing the diets, the experts took into consideration things such as how easy the diets were to follow, their ability to produce short-term and long-term weight loss, their safety and more.
RELATED: 12 weight-loss secrets from Atlantans who shed 100-plus pounds
U.S. News analysts then converted the experts' ratings into scores, ultimately constructing nine sets of best diets rankings: best diets overall, best commercial diets, best weight-loss diets, best for diabetes, best heart-healthy, best for healthy eating, easiest to follow, plant-based and best fast weight-loss diets.
Here are the top 10 best diets overall:
1. DASH Diet
2. Mediterranean Diet
3. MIND Diet
4. The Flexitarian Diet, Mayo Clinic Diet, TLC Diet, Weight Watchers Diet (tie)
8. The Fertility Diet, Volumetrics Diet (tie)
10. Jenny Craig Diet, Ornish Diet, Vegetarian Diet (tie)
Here are the top 10 best diets specifically for weight loss:
1. Weight Watchers Diet
2. Jenny Craig Diet, Volumetrics Diet (tie)
4. HMR Program
5. Biggest Loser Diet, The Flexitarian Diet, Raw Food Diet, Slim-Fast Diet, Vegan Diet (tie)
10. Ornish Diet, Spark Solution Diet (tie)
More about the Best Diets ranking and its methodology.
9 Healthy Sounds Foods with more sugar than a Krispy Kreme Doughnut