You've likely heard of Uber and Lyft, but Colour may be foreign to you. Unlike the car service apps, this new mobile invention is an on-demand app for your hair.
It allows metro Atlanta women to select a hairstyle, choose a date and time for an appointment and standby as a stylist heads to their home. For $65 per visit (or $200 monthly), it's the ultimate salon experience, and if you want a taste of it, here are six things you should know:
1. The creator, Debra Shigley, is from Atlanta and is a former fashion editor and attorney.
2. Clients must wash their hair before the beautician arrives.
3. The app offers six different hairstyles, in addition to a few custom options, for consumers to choose from.
4. Customers receive a notification when the beautician is en route, and payment is made through the app - just like Uber.
5. Hairstylists must audition to work for Colour and are graded based on skill, professionalism, neatness and passion.
6. Colour is currently invite-only, with a growing wait list. You can request an invite online.
About the Author