Yellow Daisy Festival
10 a.m.-6 p.m. Thursday-Friday, 10 a.m.-7:30 p.m. Saturday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday. Festival is free; parking is $10 for one day, or $35 for an annual pass. Stone Mountain Park Special Events Meadow, U.S. 78 E., Exit 8. 770-498-5690, www.stonemountainpark.com.
What’s more impressive? That 200,000 are projected to attend the Yellow Daisy Festival? Or that they are expected to consume 2,500 pounds of funnel cake batter?
Don’t fret about festival-goers eating all that fried stuff when the 44th edition opens its four-day run Thursday. Organizers estimate that guests strolling the 1 1/2 miles of winding paths between crafter tents will burn 30 million calories.
Stone Mountain Park bills Yellow Daisy as the South’s largest outdoor arts and crafts fest. We didn’t have quite enough time to traverse the region to confirm the claim but by many statistical measures, the fest comes up XXL.
Yellow Daisy Festival by the numbers
- 445 artists
- 31 states represented among the artists
- 300,000 estimated miles walked by festival attendees
- 50,000 shopping bags to be distributed
- 1,344 festival T-shirts printed
- 33,600 bottles of beverage quaffed
- 18 tons of ice used to chill those bottles and other drinks
- 3,000 pounds of landscaping mulch spread
- 133 informational signs placed
- 18 live performances
- 84.7 percent women in attendance
- 5 large-screen TVs tuned to football in the Men's Den (a place to where countless of the 15.3 percent of men in attendance will escape)
About the Author