Here's my indubitable list of what matters most among new movies this weekend:
1. "Hancock." Will Smith has made better movies but, thankfully, this is no "Love Guru" stinkbomb.
2. "Reprise." One of the best movies to come out of Norway in years (as if anybody could name five).
3. "Kit Kittredge: An American Girl." Its release goes wide, which means ticket prices finally drop to reasonable rates.
If you haven't seen these yet, each is a good way to celebrate a holiday weekend:
1. "Wall-E." Everything works: the screenplay, the visuals. If only more studios were as smart as Pixar.
2. "Iron Man." Still the action movie of the summer.
3. "Kung Fu Panda." Funny and fun.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.