Forecast pushes Tour Championship tee times earlier

In anticipation of Saturday’s bad weather that’s in the forecast, the PGA Tour will attempt to get Round 3 of the Tour Championship in by starting the players early.

Instead of the usual twosomes for the field of 30, players will be grouped into threesomes and begin at 7:30 a.m. with the final grouping off at 9 a.m. Play would conclude around 1:45 p.m. unless interrupted by early rain.

Gates will open at 7 a.m. and volunteer shuttls begin operation at 5 a.m.

The Saturday forecast is for scattered thunderstorms and an 80 percent chance of rain and a high of 74. Sunday’s forecast is much improved from earlier in the week with the chance of rain at 20 percent.

Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.

Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.

X