Former Georgia Tech quarterback Joe Hamilton and Hall of Fame pitcher Tom Glavine will be among the inductees into the Georgia Sports Hall of Fame Saturday in Macon.
Hamilton, the Heisman Trophy runnerup to Ron Dayne in 1999, still holds several passing record on the Flats and was named to the ACC 50th Anniversary team in 2002. Hamilton won a Super Bowl ring as a member of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2002 and was voted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 2014.
Glavine is also a member of the Braves and National Baseball Halls of Fame and had a career record of 305-203. The two-time Cy Young winner and 10-time All-Star was also named MVP of the 1995 World Series as the Braves defeated the Indians.
Other members of the class of 2021:
- Former Atlanta Journal-Constitution writer and noted college football voice Tony Barnhart
- Georgia and USA national team basketball player Janet Harris
- Former Falcons and Braves player Brian Jordan
- Former basketball great Maya Moore
- Thirty-five year high school football coach Ray Lamb
- Former UGA and NFL lineman Matt Stinchcomb.
About the Author
Credit: Ben Hendren for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Credit: John Spink / John.Spink@ajc.com