Meanwhile, Georgia has several other candidates to play both left and right tackle, including Xavier Truss, who started at left tackle in the Peach Bowl, Broderick Jones, Tate Ratledge, Devin Willock and incoming freshman Amarius Mims, a 6-7, 320-pound 5-star signee from Cochran who has already enrolled.
McClendon is the third member of his extended family to play for the Bulldogs. He is the nephew of All-America running back Willie McClendon and the cousin of wide receiver Bryan McClendon.
McClendon is also the seventh member of Georgia’s 2020 team to earn some kind of All-America honor. The others were:
- Junior P Jake Camarda: Walter Camp (second team), Phil Steele (second), American Football Coaches Association (second), Pro Football Focus (first), FWAA (second), Associated Press (third);
- Senior OG Ben Cleveland: The Athletic (second), AP (third), Phil Steele (fourth);
- Junior NG Jordan Davis: AFCA (second)
- Sophomore OLB Azeez Ojulari: Phil Steele (fourth)
- Senior ILB Monty Rice: The Athletic (second)
- Junior CB Eric Stokes: CBS Sports/247Sports (first), Phil Steele (fourth)