Atlanta United’s home of Mercedes-Benz Stadium will be open to full capacity for the following games in the upcoming MLS season:
• March 10 vs. Cincinnati, which is the Five Stripes’ home-opener and likely the celebration of last year’s MLS Cup.
• May 12 vs. Orlando, which is considered Atlanta United’s rival.
• June 1 vs. Chicago, which features Bastian Schweinsteiger.
• July 7 vs. New York Red Bulls, which will be played on the same day as the championship of the Women’s World Cup in France.
• Aug. 3 vs. L.A. Galaxy, which features Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
• Sept. 14 vs. Columbus.
Five of the six games are among the league-high 17 times the team will appear on national TV this season.
The team is offering a package of tickets to the six games.
Atlanta United has led the league in attendance each of the past two seasons. It averaged a record 53,002 tickets sold and distributed per league game last season.
The team also holds the mark for the seven most-attended games in league history in the regular season, as well as the four most-attended games in the league’s playoff history.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.