1. Teens' families angry that ex-trooper not charged in crash. Five seconds before the crash, the trooper was going 91 mph, although he wasn’t on an emergency call or pursuing anyone. [Read more]
2. Airport security lines getting worse, Hartsfield-Jackson officials consider privatizing security. Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport officials are frustrated with understaffing at security checkpoints, and are “dreading the outcome of summer 2016,” according to a letter to the Transportation Security Administration [Read more]
3. Brookhaven apartment fire damages 36 units, displaces multiple people. Investigators on Friday were trying to determine what started a massive apartment fire in DeKalb County that damaged dozens of units and displaced multiple families.[Read more]
4. Same-sex marriage opponents win 'religious' vote in Georgia Senate. Opponents of same-sex marriage won a major victory Friday when the Georgia Senate approved a measure allowing them to cite religious beliefs in denying service to gay couples. [Read more]
5. Investigations target DeKalb bribery, payments and extortion. There may be more corruption charges to come involving DeKalb County’s government. [Read more]
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.