1. Prison inmate charged in shooting in upscale Gwinnett neighborhood. Nearly three months after a shooting in an upscale neighborhood near Lawrenceville left a 25-year-old man dead, Gwinnett County police said Thursday they have arrested two people — a Norcross teen and a prison inmate — in connection with the crime. [Read more]
2. Donald Trump slams Pope Francis for questioning his Christianity. Donald Trump just took on perhaps a foe even he can’t tackle: Pope Francis. [Read more]
3. Cops: Man tied up, beaten, robbed in Atlanta home invasion. Police are searching for multiple suspects who stormed into a northwest Atlanta home, then beat, tied up and robbed a man inside. [Read more]
4. Prosecutor: Former DeKalb cop disgraced county, dishonored badge. A former DeKalb County sergeant on trial for police misconduct orchestrated a series of beatings on three teens and a 18-year-old suspected of burglaries, prosecutors alleged in opening statements Thursday. [Read more]
5. Condemned man praises God in recorded final statement. Little more than three hours before he was put to death Wednesday night, Travis Clinton Hittson recorded a final statement professing his faith in God. [Read more]
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.