Five things to know for Friday, August 21:
1. Did Blairsville survivalist and corrections officer Alan Kay outlast a 22-year-old to win the first season of History’s “Alone” and bring home $500,000? [Read Rodney Ho's blog to find out]
2. The Freedom From Religion Foundation charged Georgia Tech with holding policies that “fail to properly protect your student athletes’ rights of conscience and pose a high degree of risk of discrimination.” [Read the full story here]
3. Bobbi Kristina Brown’s companion Nick Gordon has returned to social media for the first time since Brown's death in late July. [Read Jennifer Brett's story to see what he posted]
4. A Cobb County grand jury indicted former DeKalb County judge on charges that she lied to state investigators. [Read the full story here]
5. Miss those near-90 temps? You're in luck today. Also, take an umbrella. [See the full forecast here]
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.