Of the 80 businesses that have participated so far in Powder Springs surveys, 24 percent rated the city as an “excellent” place to do business and 49 percent as a “good” place for business.
This information was shared as a part of a Town Hall presentation by city officials on Aug. 27.
The city was ranked as “average” by 15 percent and “poor” by 12 percent of business respondents to the surveys.
As for “the single biggest obstacle to the future success of your business,” respondents ranked:
- 30 percent - skilled workforce
- 19 percent - competition
- 16 percent - sales
- 16 percent - other
- 12 percent - cost controls
- 3 percent - access to capital and
- 3 percent - account receivables
As for “the most valuable support your community could offer your business,” respondents said:
- 49 percent - “buy local” program
- 40 percent - marketing assistance
- 13 percent - other
- 4 percent - legal assistance
- 4 percent - human resources assistance
- 2 percent - access to capital and
- 2 percent - professional development
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.