In DeKalb County, you had your expected write-in candidates for president, such as Green Party contender Jill Stein and independent Evan McMullin.
Other voters were reaching a bit with their choice — Colin Powell, Condoleezza Rice, Michelle Obama — but still seemed relatively grounded in reality, apart from the fact that those people weren't running.
Then there were the voters who were apparently so dissatisfied with the choices before them they decided to go another way entirely.
The evidence is abundant in the 143 pages of write-in candidates released Monday afternoon.
1. "Anyone Else" (Seven votes)
3. Taco Bell
4. Toby Keith, modern country artist
5. Kanye West, rapper (eight votes)
7. Ross Perot, who ran for president in 1992 as an independent and for the Reform Party in 1996
9. "Give us better choices"
10. “I exercise my right not to vote for any of these non-principled jokers.”
11. "A bald eagle"
12. "Barney Sanders, the former governor and U.S. senator"
14. "Alan Mulally, former CEO of Ford Motor Co."
15. Homer Simpson of "The Simpsons"
16. Former Atlanta Brave Fred McGriff
17. U.S. Representative John Lewis
18. The "Sweedish" (sic) Chef
19. Justin Timberlake
20. Atlanta rapper Killer Mike
22. Country legend Willie Nelson
24. Sherlock Holmes, fictional detective
25. Satan (two votes)
26. Hillary Clinton, who was on the ballot but curiously written in about 12 times
27. "Sweet Meteor of Death" (two votes)
RELATED: DeKalb County election results
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.