Michael Wysolovski, 33, is in jail on a probation violation charge less than five months after pleading guilty to sexually abusing a teenage girl held in captivity for a year.
Photo: Gwinnett County Sheriff's Office
Photo: Gwinnett County Sheriff's Office

Man who sexually abused captive teen in Gwinnett arrested again

Michael Wysolovski, who pleaded guilty to sexually abusing a captive teenage girl for more than a year, is back in jail.

Wysolovski entered guilty pleas to first-degree cruelty to children and interstate interference with custody in April, and was sentenced to 10 years with eight months to serve in jail. Because he had already been in jail for eight months before the plea, he was credited for time served and released to serve the remaining nine years and four months on probation.


READ | Gwinnett man gets time served after sexually abusing captive teen

MORE | Gwinnett judge, DragonCon co-founder indicted in hacking case


According to Gwinnett County jail records, Wysolovski has violated that probation. He was booked Tuesday night on a felony charge of probation violation, though the exact nature of that violation is not yet clear. The Gwinnett County Police Department and the prosecutor on Wysolovski’s original case did not immediately respond to requests for comment Thursday morning.

If Wysolovski is found guilty of violating his probation, a judge could revoke his probation and require the remainder of his sentence be served in prison. That could be almost nine years. 

Wysolovski was required to register as a sex offender as a part of the plea deal he agreed to in April. The victim in this case was 16 at the time of the abuse, which meant sexual contact was legal. But because she was still under 18 and legally a child, Wysolovski could be charged with cruelty to children by excessive physical pain during sexual intercourse, a charge to which he pleaded guilty. 

When Wysolovski was first arrested in June 2017, the victim was found malnourished, with ringworm and suffering from back problems as the result of being repeatedly held in a dog cage, the victim’s father said at Wysolovski’s plea hearing.

Wysolovski met the victim on an online anorexia forum when she was 15. They chatted for an extended period of time. Wysolovski convinced her to leave her North Carolina home and live with him because she said she was unhappy. According to prosecutor Michael DeTardo, both the victim and Wysolovski checked the age of consent in Georgia before the victim left home to be with him. Once the victim was 16, she met Wysolovski on the side of an interstate a few miles from her house and he took her to Georgia. The victim’s parents did not know where she was and reported her as missing.


READ | Charlotte teen found alive in Gwinnett more than a year after disappearance

MORE | Warrant: Gwinnett man sexually assaulted, withheld food from captive teen

PREVIOUSLY | Missing Charlotte teen found in Duluth, reunited with family


The victim and Wysolovski lived for months in Decatur before moving to a house in Duluth. Once they were together, Wysolovski and the victim agreed to enter a “consensual non-consensual” sexual relationship, a type of BDSM (bondage, domination, sadism, masochism) relationship in which the partners agree to simulate non-consensual sex acts, prosecutor Michael DeTardo said during the plea hearing. But soon, Wysolovski began repeatedly violating the terms of that agreement, refusing to honor “safe words” that indicate the sexual activity must stop and using “excessive force” including biting and physical violence. 

The victim, who was anorexic, initially asked Wysolovski to control her eating habits and wrote in journals about wanting to lose weight, DeTardo said in April. Wysolovski later used food to punish the victim or force her to perform sexual acts. 

Wysolovski was able to secure a plea deal with no prison time because DeTardo believed the “gray area” of consent in the case could prove risky if put to a jury. Wysolovski’s attorney also refused to accept a plea deal with any prison time, DeTardo said, which could have forced a trial and required the victim to testify. The victim and her family believed that could be re-traumatizing. Both the vicitm’s family and DeTardo prioritized a required sex offender registration for Wysolovski. The plea put Wysolovski on the sex offender registry for life.

Wysolovski is being held without bond. 


Like Gwinnett County News on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter and Instagram
Stay up to the minute with breaking news on Channel 2 Action News This Morning

A Gwinnett County judge has been indicted on suspicion of hiring private investigators and a convicted felon to monitor her work computer, allowing them improper access to the county’s network.

Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.

Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.

X