Right now, questions are plaguing the minds of many Fulton County residents.
If you’re wondering about school, government and other closings, hopefully this list will ease your mind — at least on one subject.
- Atlanta Public Schools close schools two hours early Friday. All after-school and evening activities, including community meetings, are canceled.
- Fulton County Schools closed at noon Friday. The school system also canceled all extra-curricular and athletic events Friday through the weekend.
- Woodward Academy, a private school with two campuses in Fulton County closed at 1 p.m. Weekend activities are canceled, and a “determination about Sunday's Fall Athletic Banquet will be made by 5 p.m. Saturday,” according to the school’s website.
Blessed Trinity Catholic High School, a private high school in Roswell, closed at noon and all weekend events are canceled, according to its Facebook page.
- Fulton County closed its offices at noon Friday. The closures include the Fulton County courthouse. Fulton County libraries, parks and arts centers will remain closed Saturday. Events scheduled for Saturday will be canceled or postponed. The county is also rescheduling visitations at the jail; any visitations after 4 p.m. Friday will be rescheduled, and there are no visitations on Saturday.
- Johns Creek city offices closed at 1 p.m. Friday.
- Park Place at Newtown School, the city's active adult center, will be closed Saturday.
- Alpharetta has canceled all weekend recreation programs and activities — including Friday night athletic practices. It plans to close city business offices at 2 p.m., according to a spokesman.
- Sandy Springs city hall administrative offices closed at 2 p.m., according to Facebook.
- Milton’s city hall closed at 2 p.m., and its emergency operations center is “in full force,” according to Facebook.
“Bring One for the Chipper” events:
- The statewide Christmas tree recycling event has extended its schedule in some areas. But since the program was set to culminate Saturday, some cities have canceled their official events, including: Roswell, Alpharetta and Milton.