A mixed-use development was approved 5-0 June 18 by the Kennesaw City Council.
Varner Developers is the applicant and master developer for the property at 1750 N. Roberts Road on which sits the Kennesaw Crossing Shopping Center that must be demolished completely within two years by Varner Developers.
The rezoning is from City General Commercial to City Planned Village Community.
The project on 13.5 acres will include:
- three four-to-five-story buildings with 274 “Class A highly amenitized luxury multi-family homes” of one-, two- and three-bedroom floor plans with minimum parking spaces of 436 spaces (and 713 spaces for the total site).
- two office condominium buildings with 9,750 square feet and seven office condo units from 1,250 to 1,500 square feet each.
- two one-story retail buildings with a total of 22,000 square feet.
- a four-to-five-story hotel with about 140 rooms.
- future pedestrian connectivity to the Noonday Trail, city and/or Town Center Community Improvement District (CID)-planned pedestrian linkage and infrastructure.
Students would be discouraged from becoming tenants since financial assistance and guarantors would not be allowed in this gated community, according to the planning commission minutes.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.