Monday, Feb. 18, will be Presidents Day, Washington’s Birthday or just another day, depending on where you live and work.
For the federal government, it is Washington’s Birthday, and all federal offices are closed. For banks, schools and many businesses, it is Presidents Day and a day off work. For most private sector workers, it’s just another day, though with a slight hassle if you’re caught unaware and try to go to the post office.
And the state of Georgia? Well, Presidents Day is an official holiday and day off for state workers, but it will be observed on Dec. 24 this year.
- Civil Rights Center (10 a.m.-5 p.m.)
- Georgia Aquarium (9 a.m.-9 p.m.)
- High Museum (closed)
- World of Coca-Cola (10 a.m.-5 p.m.)
- Zoo Atlanta (9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.)
- Most banks will be closed.
- All Clayton, Cobb, DeKalb and Gwinnett county schools will be closed.
- All Atlanta Public Schools will be closed.
- These county offices are closed: DeKalb and Gwinnett
- County library systems closed: DeKalb, Fulton.
- Post offices will be closed.
- Trains and buses will run normally.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.