READ | Report: Recycling campaign in Atlanta helped lower contamination rates
READ | Live Nation is hiring Atlanta employees for summer amphitheater season
There is no charge for Atlanta residents to turn in an unlimited amount of tires during the event. Only car tires and light-duty truck tires, which must be free of rims, will be accepted.
Dates and locations for the Spring 2018 Scrap Tire Drive are as follows:
• March 24: Center for Hard to Recycle Materials*, 1110 Hill St. SE, 9 a.m.–1 p.m.
• March 31: CHaRM, 1110 Hill St. SE, 9 a.m.–2 p.m.
• April 14: C.T. Martin Natatorium, 3201 MLK Jr. Drive NW, 8 a.m.–1 p.m.
• April 19–21: Hartsfield Incinerator Facility, 2715 James Jackson Parkway NW, 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
• April 21: CHaRM, 1110 Hill St. SE, 9 a.m.–2 p.m.
• April 21: The Mall West End, 850 Oak St. SW, 9 a.m.–12 p.m.
• April 21: Greenbriar Mall, 2841 Greenbriar Parkway SW, 9 a.m.–12 p.m.
• April 28: Future Zone 3 Precinct, 2353 Metropolitan Parkway SW, 9 a.m.–1 p.m.
*During non-amnesty event times, CHaRM accepts tires and allows each resident to donate two tires for free. There is a $2 charge per additional tire.
Like Intown Atlanta News Now on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter
Residents in the area say they are concerned the tires are an environmental and health hazard.