Sept. 3 is the deadline for sending email comments to Cobb County about planning for six new park properties.
Since July, Cobb County PARKS has hosted six public input meetings to discuss usage of the new park properties purchased through the 2008 PARKS Bond program.
Although there currently is no funding for the development of these properties, community input is invited to plan for future development of the parks once such funding is identified.
With the property’s name in the subject line, comments may be emailed to Tom Bills at tom.bills@CobbCounty.org.
- Anderson (451 Anderson Road, Marietta) near Burnt Hickory Road: The 33.3 acres include a pond, house and barn structure.
- Ebenezer (4055 Ebenezer Rd, Marietta): The property contains 17.6 acres.
- Henderson Road (6800 Henderson Road, Mableton): The combined property totals 28 acres.
- Kemp (4331 Burnt Hickory Road, Marietta): The 94.9 acres border Harrison High School and Dominion Christian School.
- Old Westside (4570 Old Westside Road, Powder Springs): The property contains 14.6 acres.
- Price/Stilesboro (4700 Stilesboro Road, Kennesaw): The 120 acres are an addition to Leone Hall Price Park.
Information, including display boards: CobbCounty.org/parks/news/parks-bond-properties-public-meetings-second-round
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.