The Georgia Department of Education released new ratings Tuesday for schools.
The ratings, called the College and Career Readiness Performance Index, are based largely on student performance on standardized tests, but also include other factors. However, schools have reported problems with the administration of state tests in the past two years.
The top 10 schools in the state under the new ratings include:
1. Gwinnett School of Mathematics, Science and Technology (Gwinnett County)
2. Davidson Magnet School (high school level) (Richmond County)
3. Wadsworth Magnet School for High Achievers (elementary level) (DeKalb County)
4. Kittredge Magnet School (DeKalb County)
5. Johnson Magnet (Richmond County)
6. Wadsworth Magnet School for High Achievers (middle school level) (DeKalb County)
7. Davidson Magnet School (middle school level) (Richmond County)
8. Marietta Center for Advanced Academics (Marietta City)
9. Britt David Elementary Computer Magnet Academy (Muscogee County)
10. Lake Oconee Charter (Greene County)
- New state ratings show fewer schools among Georgia’s worst
- Gwinnett school tops state academic rankings
- Georgia's top 10 schools by 2015 CCRPI score
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.