SWAT was called to the scene. A standoff lasted several hours outside the home, with officers using a loud speaker to demand anyone inside come out with their hands up, Channel 2 reported. Six people came out on their own and were taken into custody.
“We are in the process of determining the appropriate charges for all individuals involved,” police spokesman Officer Jarius Daugherty said Tuesday.
When SWAT officers finally entered the residence about 3 a.m., no one was inside.
Authorities did, however, find a number of firearms and suspected drugs, police told the news station.
Officials were called to the same home last year after seven people were shot at the location.
RELATED: 1 killed, 6 wounded in hail of gunfire
Kelvin B. Sutton, 55, of Atlanta, was killed in the June 22, 2017, shooting, which started when two groups in an ongoing dispute decided to settle their differences with guns, authorities said. Five men and one woman were wounded. Their injuries were not life-threatening.
It was not clear Tuesday morning if police made arrests in that case. Police have not yet identified the shooter in the latest incident, according to the news station.
Investigators are still at the scene working to collect evidence.
Atlanta police officers work the scene of an overnight shooting in southwest Atlanta. About 9:30 p.m. Monday, two officers were investigating a complaint of drug activity in the 1100 block of Osborne Street when shots were fired at the patrol car, according to Channel 2 Action News. JOHN SPINK / JSPINK@AJC.COM