While DeKalb County Public Schools are out for the Fall Break, students can enjoy mini camp days, courtesy of the DeKalb County Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Affairs. Registration is now open for the fall break mini camp program, according to a press release.
The fall break mini camp is for ages 5 -15 and runs 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Oct. 7, 8 and 11, The camp fee is $10 per day. All participants must bring breakfast, lunch and snack.
Park staff will meet campers outside all recreation centers for curbside drop-off and pickup. Parents will not be allowed to enter the facility during operating hours. All campers are required to be screened for temperature checks and must wear a mask while indoors.
Children who participate in the camp will engage in a variety of recreational and art activities. Registration is limited this year to allow us to create small groups and is on a first-come, first serve basis.
- Exchange Recreation Center, 2771 Columbia Drive, Decatur
- Gresham Recreation Center, 3113 Gresham Road, Atlanta
- Hamilton Recreation Center, 3263 Chapel Street, Scottdale
- Lucious Sanders Recreation Center, 2484 Bruce Street
- Mason Mill Recreation Center, 1340-B McConnell Drive, Decatur
- Midway Recreation Center, 3181 Midway Road, Decatur
- N.H. Scott Recreation Center, 2230 Tilson Road, Decatur
- Tobie Grant Recreation Center, 644 Parkdale Drive, Scottdale
Registration: www.dekalbcountyga.gov/parks and click the “Register Online” button.
Information: LaShanda Davis, Recreation, Parks and Cultural Affairs public relations specialist, at 404-371-3643 or email@example.com.