You might not be able to ride in the Goodyear blimp, but now you can stay in it.
In honor of the 150th anniversary of college football, Goodyear is listing its famous blimp on Airbnb with three one-night stays. But the blimp will be parked during your stay.
The blimp has been providing aerial game coverage since 1955, and later this year it will be inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame.
Goodyear chief pilot Jerry Hissem will host the lucky individuals, who will be able to book the blimp starting October 15. The one-night stays will be in its Ohio hangar, the Blimp’s house, on October 22, 23 or 24.
Chances to book the blimp will roll out throughout the day, so if you’re set on staying you’ll need to keep a close eye on the listing.
Hissem will welcome guests upon arrival to the hangar, which features a football lounge complete with a TV and an open bar. Each stay is priced at $150 a night and guests will receive tickets to the Michigan and Notre Dame game on October 26.
According to Airbnb the stay includes:
- Access to the Goodyear hangar, which is the size of 2.6 football fields and home to the Blimp
- Football lounge where guests can relax and watch some of the all-time best rivalry games in college football history
- Lakefront spot with a grill, fire pit, cornhole and other tailgate essentials
- Prime tickets to the college football rivalry game in Ann Arbor and official gear
- Space for up to four friends
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.