In addition to finishing No. 3 for professional opportunities and No. 19 for quality of life, Atlanta ranked:
- 40th – projected population growth (2046 vs. 2016)
- 22nd – monthly average starting salary (adjusted for cost of living)
- 10th – entry-level jobs per 100,000 working-age population
- 9th – annual job growth rate (adjusted for population growth)
- 60th – unemployment rate
- 15th – % of adults 25 and older with at least a bachelor’s degree
- 92nd – average daily COVID-19 cases in the past week per capita
Georgia’s two other cities in the analysis, Augusta and Columbus, finished 95 and 176, respectively.
Salt Lake City topped this year’s list, with Newark, New Jersey, finishing last.