Caption

This man bit into an iPhone battery and it exploded in his face

»

If you needed a reason not to bite your iPhone battery, here it is.

» RELATED: How to tell if Apple is slowing down your iPhone — and how to fix it

According to Taiwan News, a man entered an electronics store in China hoping to purchase a replacement battery for his iPhone.

In an attempt to test its authenticity, the customer bit into the battery and as he removed it from his mouth, the product ruptured, exploding in his face.

Luckily, no one was injured.

Recommended for you

Recommended for you

Recommended for you

Most read

  1. 1 Police use anti-KKK law to arrest people protesting neo-Nazis
  2. 2 Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter send regrets for Bush funeral
  3. 3 Who is James Shaw Jr., the man who disarmed the Waffle House shooter?

» RELATED: Apple admits to throttling iPhone CPU speed as battery ages

CCTV posted footage of the bizarre incident to Miaopai.com and the video eventually made its way to YouTube.

The episode came soon after outrage over Apple’s admittance to slowing down older iPhone models with aging batteries led to big discounts on replacement batteries around the globe, including in China.

» RELATED: Apple faces multiple lawsuits over iPhone battery speed

“However,” Taiwan News reported, “Chinese electronics stores are notoriously replete with fake goods, thus the man was in his own, but obviously wrong, way trying to test its authenticity.”

Lesson of the story: Just don’t bite into your iPhone battery. 

More from AJC