Updated: Police say Mike Scott admitted drugs were his at arrest

Following his arrest on felony drug charges, Mike Scott told police that all the marijuana and MDMA seized from the vehicle in which he was a passenger belonged to him, according to the incident report obtained by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution Friday. The brother of the Hawks players, Antonn Scott, was also arrested and concurred with his brother.

Mike and Antonn Scott were arrested Thursday morning in Banks County following a traffic stop. The two bonded out late Thursday night, according to a Sheriff’s Department spokesperson. A court date is pending. It could take several days for the case to be put on a court calendar, according to the Banks County Superior Court Clerk’s office.

Mike Scott had a bond of $8,100 after being arrested and charged with felony possession of marijuana and possession of Schedule I drug (MDMA known as Molly) Thursday morning. Antonn Scott, posted a bond of $9,300 after he was arrested and charged with with fleeing and attempting to elude law enforcement officers, following too closely, felony possession of marijuana and possession of Schedule I drug.

According to the incident report a total of 35.2 grams of marijuana and 10.9 grams of MDMA were seized. Police also found $1,684 in the vehicle.

Mike Scott consented to an interview with police after being advised of his Miranda warning verbally and written, according to the report.

The report reads: “Suspect #2 (Mike Scott) stated that after the traffic stop that he advised law enforcement officers that the drugs located within the vehicle belonged to him. Suspect #2 stated that his brother was unaware of the drugs and that he takes full responsibility for the drugs.”

According to a report from the Banks County Sheriff’s office, deputies attempted to stop a Chevrolet Tahoe on Interstate 85 driven by Antonn Scott for following too closely to other vehicles at 9 a.m. The vehicle failed to yield to police and reached a speed of up to 98 mph. The vehicle traveled for two miles before finally stopping for police. After the drugs were found, the two were arrested and taken to the Banks County Sheriff’s Office Law Enforcement Center.

Mike Scott said his brother did not immediately pull over for police because he was on his cellphone and unaware of the traffic stop. Scott told police “There’s some weed in there” upon being stopped, according to the incident report.

Antonn Scott also consented to an interview with police following the arrest. He denied his sped up to elude police. When questioned about the drugs, Antonn Scott said that he did not use drugs, according to the incident report. The report reads: “Suspect #1 (Antonn Scott) stated that he did not use drugs. Suspect #1 stated that the drugs belonged to Suspect #2. Suspect #1 stated that he knew Suspect #2 smoked Marijuana and that he knew nothing about the Molly. Suspect #1 stated that he did not use drugs and that he would be willing to be drug tested.”

The Hawks said Friday they would have no further comment beyond the statement issued Thursday by President of Basketball Operations/Head Coach Mike Budenholzer.

“We are aware of the situation involving Mike Scott this morning,” Budenholzer said in a statement. “Out of respect for the legal process, we will not have any additional comment at this time.”

Scott was likely on his way to Virginia at the time of the incident. He is scheduled to conduct his second annual basketball camp for youth on Saturday. The event, scheduled at his alma mater Deep Creek High School in Chesapeake, Va., was cancelled Friday.

Scott could face disciplinary action from the Hawks and the NBA. The league does not have to wait until the legal process is concluded, pending its own investigation, to hand down disciplinary measures.

There has not been an NBA player arrested on felony drug charges recently for precedent on a possible suspension. Raymond Felton was suspended for the first four games of last season after he pleaded guilty to gun charges, two of which were felonies at the time of his arrest.

The arrest of Scott was not the only news in the tiny town of Homer on Thursday. The Habersham Federal Credit Union was the subject of an armed robbery hours after Scott was arrested.