Klein also tweeted that Fowler was to receive $14 million in the coming season, but that number conflicts with NFLPA documents and Corry’s analysis. Corry is a former agent who has a finance degree from Emory. He hosts the “Over The Cap” podcast.
Fowler signed a three-year deal worth $45 million last season.
Fowler had a tumultuous first season with his third NFL team in 2020. Things did not go well for Fowler after he signed with the Falcons on March 25. He played in 14 games and made 13 starts. He finished with 23 tackles, three sacks, eight quarterback hits, four tackles for losses, a pass defensed and a forced fumble.
Falcons’ 2021 draft position: Here are the picks in D. Led’s Mock Draft 2.0: Top five picks
1. Jacksonville Jaguars: Trevor Lawrence (QB, Clemson)
2. New York Jets: Justin Fields, (QB, Ohio State)
3. Miami Dolphins: Ja’Marr Chase (WR, LSU)
4. Falcons: Kyle Pitts (TE, Florida)
5. Cincinnati Bengals: Penei Sewell, (OT, Oregon)
The Bow Tie Chronicles Podcasts:
For more content about the Atlanta Falcons
Follow me on Twitter @DorlandoAJC
On Facebook at Atlanta Falcons News Now