If you think there’s no way to change the smile you’re born with, outside of plastic surgery, think again. Smile exercises are a real thing that can make your smile bigger.
That’s right — if you build up the muscles around your mouth a little, they’ll open your smile up to show more of those pearly whites. All you need to do is a few quick exercises every day and you’ll be on your way to a bigger smile.
A simple smile can instantly brighten someone’s day. It’s a kindness tool we all have unlimited access to. So don’t be shy and smile a lot, exercises or not.
» RELATED: VIDEO: These fruits and vegetables can give you whiter teeth
These exercises come to us from Cowden Family Dental where they probably know a thing or two about smiles.
To make your smile wider, do this exercise every day:
- Keeping your lips in a closed (no teeth showing) smile, try to stretch the corners of your mouth out as far as you can. Hold this for 10 seconds.
- While holding that position, purse your lips slightly, so your teeth show just a little. Hold this for 10 seconds.
- Now, open your lips a little more, so about half of your teeth are showing. Hold this for 10 seconds.
- Without relaxing your face first, smile as wide as you can for 10 seconds.
- Reverse these steps, by holding your wide smile and gradually closing your lips together, holding each step for 10 seconds.
For more instructions and other exercises visit the Cowden Family Dental site.
About the Author