What is the goal of Giving Tuesday Now?
The goal is to drive a flood of business and philanthropy activation, community and nonprofit support, citizen engagement and generosity worldwide.
» RELATED: #GivingTuesdayNow helps nonprofits during pandemic
How can I participate?
While practicing social distancing, there are still ways people can connect with their communities. According to the Giving Tuesday Now website, here's how you can participate.
- Donate supplies to local health care workers
- Support health care workers by staying at home
- Support nonprofits by giving to them no matter what the amount
- Buy gift cards for small businesses or leave them a review online
- Reach out to a neighbor, family members, veterans or an older individual
Why is there a Giving Tuesday in the first place?
According to the official website, Giving Tuesday, which emerged before Giving Tuesday Now, began in 2012 as "a day that encourages people to do good." Although it began as a day in the U.S., which this year will be celebrated on Dec. 1, it has grown to a global celebration of generosity and human capacity to give.