Dog survives surgery after eating calf-high boots

ExploreMore popular and trending stories

It doesn’t seem possible, but a 4-year-old mixed breed dog named Vince ate a pair of calf-high women’s Frye boots last Friday.

Vince underwent emergency surgery Saturday to remove the huge volume of leather, which was too big to pass through his small intestines.

A veterinarian involved in Vince’s treatment was stunned.

More popular and trending stories

"These X-rays are absolutely remarkable, especially given that you can see and count the number of eyelets on the boots," said Dr. Laura Tseng, a board-certified specialist in critical care and emergency medicine with VSEC. "The sheer volume of what he ate is impressive and caused a very serious emergency situation". (Source: MyFoxPhilly.com)