1. Thieves arrested after running into police at dinner: Thieves who thought they were going into a restaurant for lunch ran into a police sergeant instead. [Read more]
2. Clayton County woman kidnapped and killed by husband’s mistress: Police said 49-year-old Sandra Barnett was abducted from her Ellenwood home Wednesday. Police started searching for the mistress’ Dodge Durango, which was spotted Thursday in Carroll County, police said. [Read more]
3. Who was suspect in Marines' shooting deaths? The man who authorities say killed four Marines in an attack on a military recruiting center and another U.S. military site was a 24-year-old, Kuwait-born engineer who had not been on the radar of federal authorities until the bloodshed. [Read more]
4. Atlanta crime: Homicides, rapes, burglaries drop in June: Reporting of burglaries in Atlanta dropped nearly 11 percent from May to June, according to the city's most recently available crime data. [Read more]
5. Some employers move to nix domestic partner benefits: If you’re in a domestic partnership, you might consider putting a ring on it soon or face losing benefits. [Read more]
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.