The greatest increase between 2015 and 2016, at 870 percent, is in the field of support activities for air transportation. There were 58 workers in that field in 2015 and 563 in 2016.
In 2015, there were 22 people in the spectator sports field. In 2016, that number was 60. A major-league baseball team coming to Cobb might have something to do with that.
From the ballpark's opening | Cobb buries fraught history, embraces Atlanta with SunTrust Park
Below you can find the top 15 hottest jobs in Cobb in order, as described by the catchy-named North American Industry Classification System:
• Support activities for air transportation (870 percent increase from 2015 to 2016): Think airport operation, servicing, repairing (except factory conversion and overhaul of aircraft), maintaining and storing aircraft and ferrying aircraft
• Outpatient mental health and substance abuse centers (410 percent): Medical staff who provide outpatient services related to the diagnosis and treatment of mental health disorders and alcohol and other substance abuse
• Offices of other holding companies (284 percent): These are companies that hold securities of, or other equity interests in, companies and enterprises for the purpose of owning a controlling interest or influencing the management decisions of these firms
READ | Braves set to sell Battery apartments a year after opening
• Other general purpose machinery manufacturing (283 percent): These are folks engaged in manufacturing pumps and compressors, material handling equipment, and all other general purpose machinery
• Public relations agencies (250 percent): Industries that design and implement public relations campaigns; establishments providing lobbying, political consulting, or public relations consulting are included in this industry
• Telecommunications resellers (225 percent):This industry purchases access and network capacity from owners and operators of telecommunications networks and resells wired and wireless telecommunications services (except satellite) to businesses and households.
• Spectator sports (172 percent):This includes everyone from independent athletes to racetrack owners
Credit: Becky Stein
Credit: Becky Stein
Credit: Becky Stein
• Meat markets (164 percent):These are the folks involved in the retail sale of fresh, frozen, or cured meats and poultry. Yes, "delicatessen-type establishments primarily engaged in retailing fresh meat" are included.
• All other amusement and recreation industries (142 percent):This industry comprises establishments, except "amusement parks and arcades; gambling industries; golf courses and country clubs; skiing facilities; marinas; fitness and recreational sports centers; and bowling centers." Good luck figuring out what it could be.
• Fabricated structural metal manufacturing (112 percent):This one here is for those who fabricate metal products, like assemblies of concrete reinforcing bars and fabricated bar joists.
• Convenience stores (111 percent): Pretty self-explanatory; this is the place you get snacks and lotto tickets.
• Data processing, hosting and related services (100 percent): People in this industry provide infrastructure for hosting or data processing services; this includes web hosting.
• Other waste collection (90 percent):These folks haul waste, including brush or rubble removal services
• Television broadcasting (85 percent):Describing something in only the flowery terms the federal government could, "This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in broadcasting images together with sound." If only there was a word that got across the combination of pictures and sound ...
• Plate work and fabricated structural product manufacturing (85 percent): This industry makes prefabricated metal buildings, panels and sections; structural metal products; and metal plate work products.
Like Cobb County News Now on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter
In other news...
Postal Worker Arrested After Police Find 17,000 Pieces of Undelivered Mail