A $756,341 grant from the state has been approved by the Cobb County School District Board of Education.
The 21st Century Community Learning Center (21st CCLC) Grant from the Georgia Department of Education will assist with:
- before - and after - school, weekend and/or summer school academic enrichment opportunities for K-12 students to help them meet local and state academic standards in subjects such as reading, mathematics and science.
- activities for youth development, drug and violence prevention, art, music, character education, counseling and recreation to enhance the program’s academic components.
- family literacy programs.
These academic and enrichment programs, during the after-school hours, serve and impact more than 300 K-12 students within the Cobb County School District.
Funding will be dispersed to:
- Campbell High School “STEM Diplomats” for $166,028.
- Baker Elementary School/Acworth Elementary School/Barber Middle School “Reach for the Stars” for $349,693.
- Riverside Primary School “Building Bridges for Early Success” for $240,620 for after-school programs.